Friday, January 21, 2011

Finishes!

I had a day off from work today, they were actually calling for snow last night...I had myself all geared up for a snow day, went to the store and got fixins for a big pot of vegetable soup AND a big pot of chili... had the day all planned, lots of warm soup, lots of stitching, some good old movies, you know. But, no snow. Not a flake. Anyway, all is not lost, I did the soup and chili, and the stitching, and the movie watching, all without snow.

I thought I would share some pictures of some winter stitching and my snowman tree.

This is a Lizzie Kate oldie. I think it's called Winter Button-Up. I stitched all 4 seasons, and hand painted one frame, left the back open. I laced and mounted each finished piece, and pop them in and out of the frame each season.
This is a very old Shepherd's Bush.

This is a Bent Creek, Swirly Snow, or something like that. The frame was handpainted by the very talented framer at my now defunct LNS. Gosh, I miss that place~ mail order is great, but there's nothing like getting to play with the merchandise!


And, this is my snowman tree. I have a small, skinny "Alpine" tree in my foyer, which stays up from early September through April. In September, I decorate it for football season, with ornaments and school colors of my alma mater, Virginia Tech. It stays that way until after the bowl game, early January, at which time it becomes my snowman tree. Then, Valentine's Day, Saint Patrick's Day, and Easter. Here are several shots of the tree:






















Last, but not least, I have finished 2 projects this week, and may possibly finish a third tonight. I'm so pleased to have my stitching Mojo back! This one above is one of the Stacy Nash Country Sampler Girls' Club kits called Mitten Pinkeep.






And, this one is a free chart from Homespun Elegance called "Boo Tyme". I know these are very small projects, but instant gratification is really good medicine for a stitching slump such as I have been in.
Happy Weekend, and stay warm!








5 comments:

the striped rose said...

Nice finishes! I love the idea of changing the cross stitches with the seasons!

Katrina said...

Cute finishes!!! And fun idea to stitch 'seasonally' :-). Loved all the pictures.

Roberta said...

Love your tree and what fun to keep it up for various seasons. Nice job on the finishes glad you got your mojo back.

Littlebit said...

What pretty finishes! I love your tree. Did you crochet the snowflakes?? I have some on my tree that my sister did for me and I LOVE them.

Quiltsmiles said...

Beautiful finishes! I enjoy stitching seasonable too, but my needle never seems fast enough! Then I breathe and realis, one done per year and in 10 years quite a few will be accomplished.
I just became a follower of your blog, I enjoyed my visit and it's good to see you got yoru mojo back.
Jane
from BBD Group