Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ort Jar Love

I wanted to share a few photos of my absolutely amazing new ORT jar.  I LOVE it!  I can't say enough nice things about it, lol!  I love the way it looks, and I love the way it SOUNDS when I pick it up, all the little tags and charms hit against the glass and make the most delightful little tinkly sound.  I am like a kid with a new toy!


These jars are made from antique Ball jars.  There were about 6 to choose from, it was a really difficult decision!

Up close of the tags and charms
These lids are specially made to fit the antique Ball jars, have the slot cut into the top for inserting ORTS into the jar.
I bought this yesterday at the March Loudoun Sampler Guild meeting.  I am doubly excited, because the lovely lady that makes these jars is also going to be my new framer!  Those of us who live in the Northern Shenandoah Valley no longer have a local needlework shop/ needlework framing shop.  I recently asked my local stitching friend Carol Sims if she had found a decent new framer, since ours closed. She recommended Total Crafts and Framing in Fairfax.  So, lo and behold, I go to guild meeting yesterday, and sit with this delightful lady selling these awesome ORT jars, and come to find out she is the framer at Total Crafts!  I feel like I can now sleep at night, knowing I will have a person to properly frame my treasures, lol!  I already showed her a couple of things I'm working on, and discussed what knid of frames I want on them, and she has what I want !  More incentive to get some of my projects finished!

I also registered yesterday to take a class with Ellen Chester of  "With My Needle" at the April meeting.  I am taking the "Call of the Sea" class.  I really love this piece, because it will be a companion to my Maidens of the Sea needlecase and fob.  Now, to get them (needlecase and fob) put together to show Ellen next month!  Here is a link to a picture of what we'll be doing in class.  http://www.withmyneedle.com/teaching.html#COTS

I hope you all have a wonderful 23 hour Sunday!

10 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

You will be very happy with the framing at Total Framing in Fairfax. They have a terrific selection of moldings and helpful staff. I have tried others since We Keep You in Stitches closed their doors, but Total Framing comes out on top!

Enjoy the class you signed up for with Ellen Chester! What I fabulous ort jar!

rlbrowninva@gmail.com

Siobhán said...

What a clever idea for a jar! That is so cute.

YEAY on finding a new framer. I know that gives you an added peace of mind as well as incentive to keep stitching!

Colleen said...

Love the ort jar! What a clever idea. You will love learning from Ellen, she is super. Enjoy!

Sylvia said...

That ort jar is totally charming - I can see why you are smitten with it.

Andrea said...

Love that jar, so pretty!
Good news about the framer! Can't wait to see what you get done first!
xoxo

Tracey said...

What a beautiful jar, I love it!

Sherri Berkman said...

I'm so glad you like your Ort Jar, Cindy! It was so nice meeting you and chatting during guild- your stitching is beautiful and I so look forward to working on it. See you at guild next month!!

Nancy said...

What a beautiful jar! So glad you found a good framer, you were so lucky to have met her at your meeting!

Dede said...

I love the jars. I have several old jars and would love to get those lids for them. Do you have any idea where the lids can be purchased?
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Love the jar!! Where can you find the lids? Thanks